Eagle County Schools - A winning district
- 100% of Eagle County School District schools earned a rating of “Performance” (highest level) in the Colorado Department of Education Performance Frameworks ratings for 2020.
- Ranked among the U.S. News & World Report’s “Best High Schools.”
- Our schools include:
- John Irwin Schools of Excellence
- Blue Ribbon Schools
- Centers of Excellence
- Governor’s Distinguished Improvement award winners
- Many National Board Certified Teachers
- Staff have been recognized as Colorado Superintendent of the Year, Principal of the Year, and First-year Principal of the Year
- VSSA posted seventh highest SAT scores in Colorado for 2019
- Exceptional high school athletics, bands, choirs, and speech and debate teams
- Recognized by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
- Leading the way on equity and culturally responsive instruction
- Nearly 7,000 students enrolled in preschool through 12th grade (and growing).
- 17 schools from Vail to Gypsum.
- Leading the nation in education reform – many proven practices are included in new state and national initiatives.
Do you like this page?