What are some of the anticipated benefits of the extension of the mill levy override?
- Supporting 5B and continuing the existing funding of the mill levy allows the district to continue supporting the key tenets of excellent schools:
- Recruiting and retaining quality teachers – we’ve reduced teacher turnover by offering compensation that is competitive with area districts.
- Improving the social and emotional mental health of our students – we’ve added counselors and improved our counselor-to-student ratios, plus provided engaging professional development for staff and students to better recognize when students are struggling and provide faster assistance.
- Maintaining updated learning materials and reliable technology to support quality education in the classroom and online – we’ve worked to improve student equity pertaining to access and use of technology.
- Creating safe and healthy learning environments through a combination of improved physical security, increased culturally responsive instructional practices, and updated support of the physical and mental health of students.
- Collectively, this results in students who are better prepared for a career or college after high school.
Was this helpful?